Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Working out again

  Yep, it true. I am back at it. I actually took a break over the last couple of months and decided to get back into it by giving the P90X workout a try. I completed my second workout this evening and must say that it has help to reinforce my belief that plyometrics are evil!! I never did like them but they are, in my option some of the most gratifying work out you can do. You may be sore but it will be worth it.
  I have done a few work outs in the past as well as some running. Lets face it they all  and I mean ALL boil down to the same thing. Eat better and get off your butt. No one gets fit sitting on the couch eating BonBons. Even the most basic moves like cleaning house or light yard work help. Dancing and laughing also have benefits! The hardest thing for most people is the diet part. I never look at it that way.
  Diets DON"T work. My definition of working is not losing 10 pounds in a couple weeks by cutting a certain portion of your diet out. Cutting cards = Bad, Cutting calories way down = Bad, trying to cut all fat out of your diet = Bad. The human body is a machine and like all machines it you run it unbalanced it will break. Also as all machines are designed to be used, so is the body. You have muscles and joints use them!
 The best thing to do it start slow. Start changing the diet slightly. Cutting back on some portions and opting for a little healthier food a little at a time. Before long you will actually look forward to an apple or banana for a snack. Do not expect to start feeling the difference the next day. 2 or 3 weeks and you will start noticing for sure. As you start losing weight and toning muscles some crazy things will happen. You will have more energy and desire to do more physical thinks. Your skin and hair will clear up some as well as your overall attitude will change. Progress is the best motivator!
 So start eating better and get off your but. It's that simple!

No comments: