Sunday, September 08, 2013

Step out


As I watch the darkness slowly burn away.
Into the fire I step to claim another day.

Even though the thorns of roses break my skin
The blood and pain supports the beauty from within

I seek to know just why true love is so strong
but crumbles under doubt when everything goes wrong.

I cannot see the future I only know the past,
but from it I will build the monuments that last.

hold you way up high to feel the warmth and light.
know that when you can't see I will be your sight.

So walk on through this darkness until it burns away.
Then step out in to the beauty of another day.

~J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice Jason!

digitaldiva said...

Very beautiful. Interesting ,isn't it, that it takes blood and pain to birth anything.....bad or good.