Monday, November 01, 2010

Old Writings

While digging around some old paper work the other day I came across some old writings and poems. i personally think most of them are simplistic and not worth reading but I have held onto them for one reason or another. I may consider posting some of the poems here but I am not sure yet.
 I did find the following writing quite interesting as I do not remember ever writing it. Although I did most of my writing while either depressed or feeling extremely happy and hopeful. I had dabbled a little in writing right after high school and it really became a place to put thoughts after my brother died. Some of the stuff is kind of scarey and will probably never see the light of day but who knows. Maybe I'll post some of it here so everyone can get a look at my extremely poor writing skills.   :)
 Again, I have no idea when I wrote the following note, but i did find it interesting.


Broken


Tonight the darkness seems darker if that is possible. Stumbling around in this darkness searching for a shred of light. How did I end up in such a place? Living has become such a chore, such a burden that I sometimes wonder why do I push forward. Why bother. I have asked for help, for a shred of light but I cannot see even the slightest glimpse to aid me in where to place my feet. And so I continue to stumble. Why, why, why, It wasn't always like this, I used to be happy. How did I lose that that I loved the most? Where can I find the pieces to reassemble and regain my life. Still no shred of light.

Have you ever heard the voice of God? Have you ever really listened? I thought I was listening then in the darkest of the dark. In the deepest of pain I heard the words. You cannot hear the true answer if your waiting for what you think the answer is. The voice was the loudest silence I have ever heard. You cannot hear the word of God with your ears. But you heart can her if like it was yelling at you. I asked, why? Why have you left me here stumbling in the dark, searching desperately for a shred of light to guide my steps? Why let me suffer.
" I am the light, I am the one that guides your path. You do not need light to see where to step. If you believe in Me then every step you take will be the right one. You are in the darkness because that is where the people are that need help finding the light. I am with you."
Sometimes that which we want most if right there in front of us but we cannot see it because we are looking for what we want not what we need.



JS



No comments: