Thursday, December 19, 2013

Left Behind

In that moment you have gone.
Seems You left me here alone,
To find my path without your light.
Forever left to roam the night.

All the thoughts and dreams will fade
as the days they all turn grey.
How do I move forward now
when all that’s left if fear and doubt

As I fight for control
of the demons in my soul.
I will spread my wings and fly
and search for others in the night.

You took me up to heaven’s gate
and getting there we parted ways.
I know tomorrow I will wake
with nothing left for me to take.

With this hole inside my soul
I was wrong to think it cold.
So I fill it up with love
and understanding from above.

Hold my hand I’ll lead the way
down this path you are afraid.
I will keep you safe along your way
so you can shine when darkness fades.

Fill the emptiness in time,
memories left of you and I.
Showing others how to live
is all that I have left to give.

~J

No comments: